From the Perspective of Chicago Semester Student Teachers

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Student Teaching - Week #11

by Erin Schrupp - Ray Elementary

Hey all, sorry I haven’t been on top of my writing lately. I’ve been busy with my WONDERFUL STUDENTS! So this past week has been a pretty good week. I’m finally starting to get into my “groove” in regards to student teaching. The first week I started student teaching I was absolutely EXHAUSTED. I don’t think I was really prepared for it until I actually had to take over everything. Yes, I said everything. Every little thing that you can think of…I took over it. So the past couple of weeks have been a little rough, but I’m finally starting to feel comfortable remembering everything I have to do. I knew that life as a teacher would be hard, but I know that if you are well-organized and are very passionate about teaching, you’ll be just fine. It’s been cool for me to see my students continue learning, even though I’m the one who’s teaching them.

Some special moments that have happened this past week have dealt with my students. My students are now calling my cooperating teacher Ms. Schrupp (which is my name). This is super fun and hilarious because my students are calling my name so much that they accidentally call my teacher my name as well. It makes me feel like I’m doing something right, as my students continue to ask me questions and depend on me whole-heartedly for their learning. 

A verse that has really been on my heart this past week is: Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."  It is hard not to be anxious, nervous, or stressed-out when you have so many things to do.  But it is ALWAYS important to remember that we need to bring our stressors to the One who can handle them.  We can't go through life on our own.  We need a Savior, and He is holding me up throughout this whole experience.  


No comments:

Post a Comment