From the Perspective of Chicago Semester Student Teachers

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Student Teaching - The End!

by Erin Schrupp - Ray Elementary

Saganaki at The Parthenon Restaurant


Well, the semester has finally come to a close and it’s very bittersweet. During my last week at Chicago Semester, we had a gathering at a Greek restaurant reminiscing on our experiences in the great city of Chicago. 


In regards to my own classroom, it was such a sad last day. My little kiddos made me a booklet titled, “The most important thing about Ms. Schrupp”. They each had  a page where they drew me pictures, wrote me sweet notes, and included their picture.  They choked me up with all their hugs and in that moment I couldn’t believe my time had to end. I got one of their school shirts and had them all sign it and write whatever they wanted. I will keep this shirt forever and I absolutely love it!


Blair, Krissa, Rita, Erin,and Drew

This picture is of my fellow student teachers who I was able to grow with during this semester. I wanted to also include a picture of my class while I was trying to get all of them to smile at the same time.  It’s hard to get that many second graders to smile at the same time! But because of privacy issues, I can't post it here.)  


My experience at Chicago Semester has definitely been one I will never forget. They definitely helped prepare me to have my own classroom one day. I plan on staying in this great city of Chicago to try and start my teaching career, and I have Chicago Semester to thank for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment