From the Perspective of Chicago Semester Student Teachers

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Student Teaching - Week #8

by Jessica Stob Mills - Daniel Boone Elementary School

Life in the City Student Teaching

Lake Shore Drive

As I sit here thinking about what to write for my 8th week of student teaching, I have a hard time separating the weeks in my head. I think it means that life is starting to normalize. Things don’t surprise me too much anymore and everyday seems to go similarly to the day before. Although, that doesn’t mean that every day is boring, I have to say quite the contrary. Everyday seems so packed that I sometimes wonder if I’ll accomplish everything.

It is the middle of the term so we had to complete our mid-term evaluations this past week. It wasn’t too painful. I understood every word and concept on the evaluation unlike some evaluations that I have had to fill out for previous terms. I’m glad that we have another half of the term left though; I want to improve on my creativity within my lessons.

This week we had some future Chicago Semester student teachers come to visit the school that I’m teaching at. I gave them a tour and hopefully answered some questions and gave some good advice. It was a nice break from teaching.

Life in the City Outside of Student Teaching
With friends in Grant Park

This week I went to the Joffrey Ballet to see Don Quixote with the fine arts group. It was a beautiful ballet. I remembered reading the story in Spanish when I was in high school so it was interesting to see it.

It was also a busy week cleaning for a showing on our apartment (that was actually a no-show). Also, I threw a surprise birthday party for my husband on Saturday. He had absolutely no idea! A lot of people showed up, and after getting a haircut and getting the oil changed he walked into a clean house with a bunch of friends there to greet him!

What I am looking forward to…

I think for the next week or so I will be looking forward to getting my packing and un-packing done. Moving into my new apartment in the Wicker Park area is going to be a little stressful as next week I will be starting full-time student teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment