From the Perspective of Chicago Semester Student Teachers

Monday, October 17, 2011

Student Teaching - Week #7

by Jessica Stob Mills - Daniel Boone Elementary

Life in the City Student Teaching

It wasn’t as hot outside this past week; in fact I started to wear some sweaters, although, the classroom was still hot. That is one thing they never teach you in school, how to plow through teaching when you are just so hot.

I enjoy teaching math; I teach the whole first part of the day, which is exciting. I started teaching the little third graders multiplication this past week! This coming week I will be gathering all my information for starting my unit plan. Hopefully it will all come together this week.

In an assignment for Chicago Semester this week, I had to interview an administrator on what they look for in an interview. I talked with the assistant principal at Daniel Boone and it was quite interesting. I actually think that was one of the more valuable assignments that we have had. I felt like she was letting me in on the secrets of the teacher hiring process.

Life in the City outside of Student Teaching

It was such a busy week for my husband and I. There were a lot of late nights finishing homework assignments and early morning rushes. It’s never fun to walk our dog in the rain either and it rained.
New Apartment Building

I think the most awesome thing that happened this past week is that we put a security deposit down on a new apartment in Ukrainian Village, which is north and west of the Loop. The apartment is beautiful, I can’t wait to move in! 

What I am looking forward to…

I’m looking forward to handing in another assignment on Tuesday, it feels good to get everything accomplished that I’m supposed to. I’m also looking forward to organizing and packing everything we need to this week as well as going to the Joffrey Ballet to see Don Quixote!

No comments:

Post a Comment