From the Perspective of Chicago Semester Student Teachers

Monday, February 17, 2014

Student Teaching - Week #5

by Erin Schrupp - Ray Elementary School

So this past week has been fun in terms of the activities my roommates and I have been involved with. Chicago Semester gives us the opportunity to go to great art events every Thursday night. You’re able to get different tastes of Chicago that you may have never gotten if you weren’t told about them. I’m very thankful for this opportunity that Chicago Semester gives us to go to these events. It really causes us to step outside our comfort zones and experience the art of the city in various ways. IT’S SUPER COOL and causes you to become a well-rounded individual.  

Chicago Art Institute
This week we went to the Chicago Art Institute. 
It was so fun to see all the different types of art ranging from Modern Art, Folktale Art, and even some European and Japanese art. What a cool world we live in, right?! It was a great experience to have with my roommates and I know we really appreciated the different types of art and history that were displayed in the Institute.


The second activity that my roommates and I did this week, was an activity we decided to do all on our own. It’s called AERIAL YOGA. I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of it before, but it’s fantastic! There are all these little shops around Gold Coast that can give you some pretty sweet deals on fun classes to take, or just different things to experience if you look hard enough! Anyway, we were able to get a complimentary session from Lulu Lemon to try out this aerial yoga-thing…whatever it was!
AIR is a suspension training program fusing ballet barre work
with yoga + Pilates on aerial silk hammocks
We decided to be adventurous and to our surprise, we all thoroughly enjoyed this! We enjoyed it so much that we decided to go a second time. This time, we only had to pay one dollar because AirFit (that’s the business) gave us a promotional code for it! I’d be lying if I told you my body wasn’t sore even as I’m writing this, but hey, it was a great way to step outside the box and get in shape! That’s all for now, I’m so excited to see what this next week has in store for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment