From the Perspective of Chicago Semester Student Teachers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Student Teaching - Week #12

by Kathryn Williams - Taft High School

The Teaching Week

POW:  I have now applied for all of the available positions (that I am aware of) in the area that I am going to be living in.  It is a big letdown to have sent off the applications.  After spending hours compiling them and making them the best I could at the time, I have to send them off and wait, hoping that I will get a phone call or an email sometime soon.  The only thing I have left to do is to confirm that my application has been received.  Otherwise it is all waiting.  I’d much rather have something to do; I prefer working over waiting.

WOW:  I’m officially done teaching!  It is weird, but also nice.  I have finished teaching both pre-calculus and college algebra, so after break all I have to do is pass back some work and watch my CT teach.  It’s still going to be fun for me, because she is a good teacher and we get along really well, so I will be able to chime in as I want and it will be a lot more like co-teaching than observing.  So it will be less stressful for the next couple of weeks and I try to get ready for moving out, returning to campus, and graduation.  I’m sure that I will not get bored!

The Rest of My Week

It’s spring break!  I am headed to Iowa for my long-awaited week-long spring break.  I have applied for three jobs in Iowa now, and I’m hoping that someone might call for an interview.  If not, that is OK.  I still have plenty of things to do to keep me busy.  I am doing some wedding planning as well as working on my portfolio for seminar.  Besides taking time to enjoy my family!

Below is a picture of all of us at seminar this week.  Five of us have birthdays this semester and we celebrated with birthday brownies!  


No comments:

Post a Comment